- The company which produces Vanguard, Bushiroad, is receiving support from Dentsu, the single largest domestic advertising firm in Japan.
- Dentsu is more than twice the size of its closest domestic competitor(Hakuhodo), employing over 19,000 workers worldwide, and has been in business since 1901.
- Dentsu in turn has a strategic alliance with the Publicis Groupe, a French multinational company which competes with Omnicom and WPB for total control of the world advertising market. Dentsu is the only such company to hold this kind of alliance with the Publicis Groupe.
- Bushiroad has already branched into Singapore, South Korea and the west coast of the United States. Vanguard has been a runaway success in its native country, and is finding similar enthusiasm in the rest of the world.
- Vanguard has 12 months of advertising already achieved in the United States through Bushiroad's contract with Crunchyroll for web distribution of the anime. As such, they have already created a market for their product.
- All of these factors make Vanguard a stable product with a foreseeable future.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Shop Survival Guide (Convincing your shop to stock Vanguard)
Recently, the English edition of CFV was opened up to retailers and distributors through Bushiroad's facebook page, on which they distributed an email address for interested stores to contact them through. Of course, the chief difficulty for fans is convincing their local shop to stock Vanguard. Here are some talk points you can bring up when asking your store to stock our favorite card game;