Friday, April 6, 2018

Thank you for 4 million hits!

Last night Cardfight Pro crossed the threshold for 4 million all-time pageviews. Though it's only been a short while since I returned to newswriting, traffic has quickly picked up since March. Our daily views are steadily rising back into the range they were before I departed back in October 2015.

There is much that remains to be done, and lost time to be made up for; I once came to believe that Vanguard no longer needed me, and I realize now my mistake. Never once in these past seven years has the game achieved the immortality I set to endow it with. At this very moment Vanguard is struggling against forces which would eliminate it from this world. I am here now because I cannot stand by and do nothing while this struggle takes place. I have seen just how barren and empty the world can be. 2018 will be a year for growing--for growing Cardfight Pro, for growing the community, and for growing Vanguard.

Not just for Itou, nor just for myself, I am fighting alongside Vanguard for the sake of everyone this game connected me to, and everyone we lost along the way.